March 24, 2010

Backwards Pass: I call bullshit

Excuse me for not falling for this silliness, but these rumors of rappers about to dive into football, well, it's nothing but struttin' and flexin' nuts.


Am I the only one that thinks this is retarded? I mean, these reports are e v e r y where. It's in both soccer and non-soccer pages (wow, an article in the music industry about soccer without a wag or Beckham in it). Maybe that's a good thing?

Nah. I just want to know, why is everyone falling over the idea of Jay-Z, P.Diddy, LMFAO, Lady Gaga (slippery slope, but highly unlikely) owning their club. Do you really think it'll make your club that much cooler? It's not like Palace would even ever get the chance to pop bottles of Kristal celebrating the FA Cup.

If either of these guys decide to dip their chocolate and champagne covered balls into football, it won't be the same as the typical takeovers we've seen this year a-la-Citeh. I say, pull your pants up and move along. I'd rather have a dirty Russian or Arab take over with actual money than a hyped-up celebrity with the appearance of money. Overpaid players don't need more incentive to party. Or you get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment